Thursday, January 10, 2013

Start of a new year

Now that the holidays are over I can get back to getting some work done here.
I worked  a little more on my 18 pc. collage series. It's one of those projects that take a long time to complete because I only work on it when I don't have anything else to do. That's because it's so tedious, for one thing. It takes a long time for each piece to even start to look like anything interesting. If I keep chipping away at it, it eventually gets done. It is now at the stage where it's beginning to look interesting.
Ellen completed the work on the scabbard for her medieval sword (part of a complete costume armor project). I'll get a photo of it up here soon. Now she's working on the leather armor for her horse and it's nearly finished. We're working on a shield as well.
In Dec. I recorded two test recordings of new blues tunes I wrote: "I Gotta Move On" and "Hard Not To Be Bad". Both are played in open G tuning. These recordings are just "sketches" for now, not good enough to post on line.
I want to make some more paintings but they are going to have to be small ones. I just don't  have the room at the moment to work on, or store, anything large. I'm thinking landscapes, or non representational things.
I really have to post more photos in these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment