Sunday, September 4, 2022

Elm Wood Bowl


 This Elm wood bowl measures 8 inches in diameter and 2 inches high. The color and grain on this piece of wood is beautiful. I turned this from a piece of Elm wood from a tree in my yard that split at a rotten section of a big branch. I found a piece of a cut off from that which was discarded as useless. I came across it as I was cleaning the yard around that work site a couple of months after we cut up that tree. I thought it was worth putting on the lathe because the grain looked like it might be good. It sure was. I put a little texturing at the top and under side of the rim, with the lines pointed in opposing directions. This bowl was wet sanded with orange oil/beeswax then 2 coats of Danish oil. I can't wait to make more stuff out of this wood.





No comments:

Post a Comment