Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Small Walnut Wood Canister

Here's a small Walnut wood canister I turned two days ago. This one measures 4.75 inches tall and 1.25 inches in diameter. That's a blue glass marble on the knob at the top. Wood provided by my friend Ned Lycett, a great guy, master bonzai expert, and old and dear friend. Thanks Ned! I've a bunch more of this wood so there will be more of these beautiful wooden items coming in the future.
This was wet sanded with mineral oil, then burnished with its own wood shavings. I cut a 3-legged "foot" at the base of this canister. Beautiful wood. A real pleasure to work with. 
I'm getting a new band saw in a few days. With it I hope to cut into a lot of Maple and Eucalyptus and Pear wood I've been wanting to turn but didn't have band saw big enough to work with the logs I have. I'm looking forward to getting into this wood. Hopefully, I can make some larger bowls this Summer. Stay tuned. 




Click on an image to see a larger version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment