Friday, September 16, 2016

More boxes

Here are a couple more boxes made recently. This first one is made from a cedar fence board (sides and bottom) and mahogany (top). It has 1/8 inch finger joint corners, made with my new home made finger joint jig. This one has brass hinges and an invisible magnetic latch to hold it closed. The box measures 13 inches by 6.5 inches, and 3.5 tall.


This box is from my "scrap box challenge" project. I decided to see if I could make something interesting from the dregs of my scrap box. Choosing the worst looking bits of wood in the scrap box wasn't quite enough. I picked up some sticks from my backyard as well. The box measures 5 inches square by about 7 inches high. The "knob" on top is a bit of a Eucalyptus branch. The legs are silver maple branch sections, with the bark on. The lid is part of a cedar fence board, left rough, and the sides are spruce construction lumber scraps with 1/4 inch finger joints. The bottom is just a piece of MDF. It's a lift-off lid. Inside box depth is 3 inches. The box is left rough and unfinished. No metal hardware of fasteners were used on this box.

No comments:

Post a Comment