Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Mobile': #47

I just finished a new mobile, #47, the 11th one I made this year. It's just under one foot high and about 8 inches wide. It's a pivot-on-point style mobile', made of steel. I used horseshoe nails for the legs of the base. The base is welded scraps of steel, and the mobile' part is a hand-worked bent and twisted steel strap. It's difficult to see in this photo but the steel ribbon is a spiral, with the pivot point going between loops in the spiral. To me, the style falls somewhere between Rustic and Industrial. I don't usually give titles to my Mobile's. I just number them but my wife, Ellen, likes to give them titles. She calls this one "Joy", which is the exact word that came to mind the first time I saw this piece in motion. I plan to clear coat this one instead of a colored paint. I like the look of the steel.
You can see a video clip of this mobile' in motion on my YouTube channel: Tesserak YouTube Channel
You can see the other 46 mobiles at my Art web site at this link: http://www.tesserak.net/html/mobiles.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment