Saturday, September 13, 2014

Busy in the studio.

I've had some time to dabble in the studio. As normal, I have several projects going on at any given time. Plus, I've puttered around with a few little spur-of-the-moment projects.
I'm finishing up on the "Harmonograph #2" project. This one being a 3-pendulum device. I doesn't work as well as the original one I made a couple of months back. Still, it works, and as I've been testing and tweaking it, I've made some harmonograms (drawings made with a harmonograph). I've taken some of these harmonograms and further worked them with alcohol which dissolves some of the ink and smears it, making for some interesting images. I'll post some of them here when I'm done working them over. I'd like to donate this machine to one of our local art associations. It might make an interesting interactive art teaching tool.
I've played around making small paper/cardboard sculptures. Some of them are mock-ups for larger projects, and some are just small sculptures. This is a fun medium to play with. You can do so much with it. It is a very versatile medium, and it can be made to look like other materials.
I've been revisiting Mask making. Actually, it's a continuation; an on-going thing. The art object kind, not the wearing kind. I've made scores of them in the past, most of them smaller than a human face. I have over a half dozen that I'm working on bit by bit, here and there.
Of course there's always a mobile' or two in the works. At the moment I'm tweaking and fixing details on the last couple of mobile's I've made.
Ellen is nearly done with the costume armor she's making for her horse. She finished her armor about a year ago and has been working on the armor for the horse since then. It is nearing completion. It is looking pretty good. I'll get photos at one of the fittings sessions with her horse, soon, I hope.
I sold a painting recently to somebody who dropped into the studio unexpectedly. The painting was done in 2001, I think. It was an old one. I do want to make more paintings. I have the wall space in my gallery.
I'd like to make a few welded steel wall sculptures for the gallery too. Making a lot of little sculptures instead of a few large ones.
So, I hope to post some photos here soon showing some of the stuff mentioned above. Show & Tell is always better than just Tell when it comes to talking about Art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment