Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My new home made bench

I made this bench out of recycled redwood and cedar lumber. I need a bench for just outside my Restoration Studio office and this project would use up this lumber and free up some much needed space in my shop. The photo above was taken just after completion, before filling and sanding (filling only the worst looking gouges and scars in the old wood). If it didn't already have that ugly "stain" (which is really "stain" colored paint) I'd leave it natural. I'm going to paint it a nice dark "forest green" to match a bunch of other stuff around here that is the same green. It'll look great with two or three coats of paint, and this thing should last for a long time.

The new doll project is proceeding on schedule. Along the way we're learning a lot about design and production of something of this nature. By now, we are way past the fun stage and full into production; by hand, that is; printing, stuffing, sewing, hair dying, etc. Sometimes things don't go as planned and you have to decide if you can use it to your advantage, or go back a step or two and re-do that part. First you love the idea, then you like it again, then you think you're crazy for taking on this project, then you like it again. I just hope we end on a "like it". Anyway, I hope to have some of them finished within a week, and the rest of them a week or so after that. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment