Friday, April 26, 2024

Watercolor "Cotati Fields"


 I started working with watercolors again. I might have painted one every few years, or let's just day "once in a while". I was never using the media quite right. Never had a formal lesson in watercolors. So I decided I needed to correct this and learn how to do it properly. For a quick one, this isn't too bad.

So, here's one I did in 2009 of a scene near where I live in Northern California. "Cotati" is a small town near me. At this point I was still painting incorrectly with these paints but by accident, nearly correctly. 

So, as practice, I've been painting on 4x6 inch postcard sized watercolor paper. This way I can quickly practice a technique without committing to a full size painting. 

I'll be posting more of these, showing my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment