Friday, July 29, 2022

Small Pear Wood Box


 I had some small pieces of Pear wood lying about and wondered if I could turn something on my lathe with them. The wood had lots of cracks and inclusions so I wasn't sure if I could actually make something with them. This was made from 3 small pieces of wood. The bottom 2 parts were from the same section of a branch, the finial was from a different part of the same tree. The base is 2.5 inches in diameter and just over one inch tall, with an undercut interior. The outside has a couple of beads and a textured center band done with a Sorby texturing tool. The bottom part of the lid is from the same piece of wood, both of which have a bark inclusion. The top has a couple of beads cut into it. The finial is from a different Pear branch. The design isn't all that great as a composition but it's too good to just throw it away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment