Sunday, November 7, 2021

Threaded Pear Wood Canister

 

Trying something new. Here's a Pear wood canister measuring 1.5 inches in diameter by 2.5 inches tall. My first attempt at a threaded lid. It's not a great result. The threads just barely match up but it screws on tight. This Pear wood is a dream to turn. It's a beautiful wood though not much grain. This has a finish on it that feels like satin, and it was only wet sanded with mineral oil. No other finish added. I'm looking forward to making more threaded boxes to get better at this. I'm using the Robert Sorby thread chasing tools to do this. 

I also got a new texturing tool; the Sorby mini-texture tool. Considering that this was the first time I touched this tool to wood, the result isn't too bad. This tool can make a wide variety of marks on wood. I'm looking forward to exploring its possibilities.

Please pardon the dusty merch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment