Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Small Walnut Canister

 This is a small Walnut wood canister. It measures 3 inches high and one and 3/16 inches in diameter. I've added a series of beads to both the cap and the body of the canister. This was made from a couple of pieces of Walnut glued together. They were too small for much else. Walnut is such nice turning wood, I hated to see even the scraps go to waste. This is great wood to work with. Easy to turn, and it finishes very nicely.
My wood turning skills are improving. I've still a ways to go before I'm adept at all the cutting tools. I learn something every single time I work at the lathe. There are still many things I'd like to try. I'll get to them eventually. I like making the bowls and canisters. There are so many possibilities as to the kinds and shapes and sizes, and woods. They are also functional as well as beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment