Monday, June 12, 2017

Scrap Box Challenge: Sculpture

click on the image to view a larger version
This is an Art blog so I guess there should be something like art in it from time to time. So, here we go.
In my shop I have an overflowing box of small wood scraps. These are the small bits of cut-off that look interesting enough to save as use in art projects. Since that box is overflowing, I recon it's high time I made something from this stuff. Heck, that's what it's for!
So, that one big piece, which in the photo is that oddly shaped piece that is the neck and torso, got the idea going. A stylized horse? A psychedelic giraffe? You decide. It's made from seven pieces of wood with very few, or no, cuts or modifications to any of the pieces. Some of the wood was already partially painted. I added a few shots of spray paint. Threw on a padded drawer liner for a stencil (for that checkered effect) and gave it a couple more shots of spray paint, and we're done. This thing is about 24 inches high, 12 inches long and about 3 inches wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment