Monday, March 27, 2017

Wooden Trefoil Knot ver. 2.0

Here is a better version of the Trefoil Knot made of unfinished (bare) Western Cedar wood. The wood is milled to 1/2 inch stock. That makes this version about 4 inches high when in the position shown in the above photo. The previous version of this style of the Trefoil Knot was made with the subtractive process, cutting this shape from a cube of wood. This version was made with the additive process, by building it instead of carving it.
My original version of this shape was made with curves, as in a real knot. This knot is made with only right angles. The next version of this knot will be made the same way but with 1 inch stock. I'm working my way up to the full scale version which I designed to be made with 4x4 lumber.

Questions and comments are always welcome. See more of my art on my web site: www.tesserak.net

No comments:

Post a Comment